Menu
Celebrities Biography

Sushmita Sen - Bollywood Celebrity, Actress

Date of Birth
19 November 1975, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India 
Birth Name
Sushmita Shubeer Sen 
Nickname
Titu / Sush
Height
5' 10½" (1.79 m) 

Biography of Sushmita Sen

Sushmita was born within the Bengali-speaking Sen family on November nineteen, 1975 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. Her family consists of her dad, Shubeer, a former Indian Air Force Wing Commander; mom, Subhra, jewellery Designer and owner of a Dubai-based store. She has 2 siblings, a sister named Neelam, who is married to Nauman Malik, and a brother named Rajeev. Subhra's dad was a poet.Sushmita attended totally different faculties in Jorhat, and Nagpur, however pay the bulk of her schooling days within the Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute and Air Force Silver college in Delhi. She was considered a tomboy and spent most of her times with boys. Since the faculties were Hindi medium, she couldn't speak English till she was sixteen years ancient. She subsequently not solely mastered English, however became an English Honors student, and additionally obtained a degree in Journalism. thanks to her place of birth she will speak Urdu flawlessly.

Her 1st public look was at the Air Force Club Contest at the age of fifteen.
Sushmita did some fashion shows thereafter. Then throughout 1994 she set to be a participant in Miss India beauty pageant, totally aware that she was being pitted against the reigning favorite, Aishwarya Rai. Sushmita took everybody all of sudden when she was topped Miss India whereas Aishwarya had to content with being the primary Runner-up. each beauties went on to win Miss Universe and Miss World titles respectively. Ironically the ultimate outfit for Miss Universe for Sushmita was created by a little-known Meena Bazar tailor, and her mom.

It was throughout 1996 that she 1st appeared as herself in a very Bollywood movie titled 'Dastak'. Though the movie failed to fare too well,
Sushmita was noticed and therefore began her career on the silver screen. She has since then portrayed herself in a very kind of characters and additionally some 'item' numbers.

Not thought of a classic beauty and leading quite an unconventional lifestyle she ended up in several relationships however failed to marry anyone. She wished to be a mother and to adopt a female offspring, and name her Renee. Since
Sushmita is single, she had to fight a Court battle before she may finally adopt Renee. Finally on thirteen April 2000 she was given the go-ahead to adopt her, even supposing the family-owned business in Dubai was already re-named as 'Renee' quite ironically a year earlier on thirteen April 1999.

Trivia
Miss Universe 1994
Miss India 1994
Sushmita Sen is the first Indian to win a Miss Universe Title in 1994.
She won the best supporting actress award in the year 2000 for her role in 'Biwi No. 1' which was the biggest hit of 1999.
Enjoys writing prose and poetry.
Listed as number 10 of 'Top Bollywood Actresses' of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)
Has two adopted daughters - Renée Sen (b.2000) and Alisah Sen (b.2009).


Personal Quotes of Sushmita Sen

"I have several memorable moments in my treasure-chest of reminiscences however the day I became a mother are some things special. On June 30, 2000 the courts handed me my daughter, Renee. i used to be ecstatic that day. I loved Renee from the primary time I laid eyes on her. In court the fight was a troublesome one as i used to be one parent and a celeb, therefore those were marks against me. however I still won and got my daughter." (Movie magazine International, July 2004)

"I am totally a beach person. i really like South America and i have been there a lot of times, specially Venezuela and Brazil. they're nice vacation cities. there's not one country in South America that I even have not been to. Among the places i have not seen however that i might like to visit, Spain tops my list." (Movie magazine International, July 2004)

"Yes, i'm an evening person however I like staying awake at home until late at midnight. I rarely attend any pub. i might rather hang around at home with loud music and dance in my area. Abroad i really like aiming to restaurants like 'Sky Bar' in l.  a.   and 'Tao' in the big apple." (Movie magazine International, July 2004)

Her thoughts regarding touring: "Doing these reasonably shows take lots of designing and activity and finally ends up being very hectic. therefore to revive myself, I rummage around for those tiny moments that cause you to forget the trials of the tour." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"Between eighteen to twenty, i actually thought there have been fun things in life that i might abundant preferably be doing than worrying regarding the responsibilities of that magnitude. however currently at thirty, I feel i used to be able to get a jump-start on my life and have achieved lots. i do not feel I skipped over something." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"I feel I started my life after I won at Goa - The Miss India contest. Then another memorable moment was after I won the Miss Universe crown in Manila. There are many others. however none of these moments compare to what I felt on July thirty one in 2001. That was when the court gave me Renee's adoption rights. Renee suggests that "to be born again", and when having her in my life, I feel reborn. i do not need something to travel wrong for her ever. therefore i'm that rather more careful with my life currently. No a lot of rash driving. Being a mother, i do not suppose something has topped the instant nonetheless." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"The reason why I wished to be famous! No one's asked me that one therefore i'm aiming to tell it currently. I even have continually thought that someone is born, lives his life, goes through life in a very bound approach, perhaps will some goodies that everybody applauds... perhaps your family, perhaps your friends. however after you die, you would like to own touched many a lot of lives. you would like folks to feel the loss after you go and miss you. i need to be famous as a result of i need my fans to become my family unit." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

On how she would react if a girl created a pass away her: "I'd say, 'thank you'. Another individual likes you, what is wrong with that? How way they such as you is once more, their downside, not yours. That lady has created a alternative of being with another lady, I even have created mine to be with a person. It's simply a distinction in our sexual preferences. doesn't suggest one is suitable and therefore the different is appalling. fully not!" (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

"If the requirement arises and my heart does not consider it (marriage), i will be able to have youngsters while not obtaining married." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

"Today if you are taking a poll asking men if they require to be with ladies who are thirty and virgins, they'll run away." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

When asked if sex is over-rated in India: "There was a time when it positively was, not anymore. it had been one thing you did not remark, and from the face of it, folks from sensible families in all probability never did it. But today, media primarily focuses its attention on sex, such a lot that it's inevitable that it'd become a vicinity of the social structure. it is not love it did not exist before, we are the land of the KamaSutra. Today, folks are softer talking regarding it." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

"I'm 30, and enjoying each little bit of it. i have not modified a factor that i do not like sporting and therefore the solely reason i do not wear it's 'coz i do not love it on myself. I reveal after I feel love it. Today I do, tomorrow, i would not. It's regarding freedom of alternative, not age. All power to people that perceive that ultimately, garments are occurring your body. If you're snug with it, wear it. i am not judgmental regarding the approach folks dress. What disturbs me but, is that if when you have worn it, you are constantly talking, pulling, figuring yourself out. Thats disturbing." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

No comments

Follow Me