Menu
Celebrities Biography

Janet Jackson - Hollywood Celebrity, Singer

Date of Birth
16 May 1966, Gary, Indiana, USA 
Birth Name
Janet Damita Jo Jackson 
Nickname
Dunk 
J
 
JJ
 
Height
5' 4" (1.63 m) 
Mini Biography
Janet Damita Jo Jackson was built-in on May 16, 1966 in Gary, Indiana, active in a lower chic home with several brothers and sisters. Janet was the youngest. After her birth, her brothers formed a bandage after alleged The Jackson 5. She lived at home with her sisters, while her brothers, and dad, Joe Jackson, lived an absurd activity in Los Angeles. She after confused in with them while her brothers were authoritative a name for themselves, and active a accord with Motown. Janet was in the adumbration but after additionally fabricated a name for herself.

As she was touring, and authoritative appearances with her brothers, and the blow of the family, she co-starred with the blow of them in "The Jacksons". In 1977, she got the allotment of Penny Gordon on "Good Times". That showed her acting abilities aboriginal on. She additionally fabricated a few memorable appearances on the hit TV appearance "Diff'rent Strokes" as Charlene Dupree. Soon afterwards came her role on "Fame".

She affiliated admirer James Debarge, but they afar aloof months later. She active with A&M Records, and recorded her aboriginal abandoned anthology blue-blooded "Janet Jackson". The anthology did ailing on the music charts. Two years after she recorded "Dream Street" which angry out to be addition disaster. A year after she active on Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis to almanac a third album, this time alleged "Control". It was a hit, affairs 5 actor copies in the U.S. alone, breeding six hits, and the #1 "When I Think of You". Afterwards, she accursed her father, her administrator to absolutely accretion control.

Janet was bent to accomplish this appear again. She again recorded "Rhythm Nation 1814". This time it awash 9 actor copies in the U.S. - a bigger hit than "Control"! She happened to abatement in adulation with a ballerina alleged René Elizondo, Jr. from one of her sister's, LaToya Jackson's music video and after secretly affiliated him in March of 1991. That aforementioned year she got a brilliant on the Hollywood airing of fame! Janet went to assignment on her fifth anthology artlessly alleged "Janet.". It was her better hit to date affairs over 10 actor copies in the U.S. abandoned and includes her better hit distinct to date, "That's The Way Adulation Goes". Two years after she appear a Greatest Hits anthology "Design of a Decade" which included two new hits "Runaway", and "Twenty-Foreplay". Her seventh anthology "The Velvet Rope" antiseptic her pop ability status.

In the brume of the absolution of The Velvet Rope, she afar Rene Elizendo, which is back it emerged they had been secretly affiliated for eight years. Janet recorded her eighth anthology "All For You". Addition hit. She was accustomed by MTV as an MTV Icon. In 2004, Janet went to assignment on her abutting anthology "Damita Jo" - it was addition hit.

Spouse
Rene Elizondo
(31 March 1991 - 13 March 2000) (divorced)
James DeBarge
(7 September 1984 - 18 November 1985) (annulled)

Trade Mark
Her smile

Trivia
With her 1986 song "When I Think of You", she and her brother, Michael Jackson, became the aboriginal ancestors in the bedrock era to accept #1 songs as soloists.

Sister of Rebbie Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Randy Jackson and Michael Jackson.

She was paid $3 actor for Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000). She was paid an added $1 actor for the song "Doesn't Really Matter" for the NP2 soundtrack.

Janet's awful advancing eighth anthology "All For You" is released. [24 April 2001]

The additional affiliate of the acclaimed Jackson ancestors to be nominated for an Academy Award - in 1994 as co-writer of the song "Again" fromPoetic Justice (1993). Michael was nominated in 1972 for the song "Ben" in the Best Original Song category.

Voted one of "The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001" by the readers of Black Men Magazine.

Aunt of Jermaine Jackson II,Valencia Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Marlon Jackson Jr., Prince Michael, Prince Michael II and Paris Jackson.

Ex-sister-in-law of El DeBarge.

The aftermost bristles of her eight albums (excluding her aboriginal two albums "Janet Jackson," "Dream Street" and her greatest hits anthology "Design of a Decade: 1986 -1996") accept all hit #1.

Was to arise as Lena Horne in a biopic due to be arise in 2004. But Lena afflicted her apperception afterwards the SuperBowl "breast-baring" incident.

Measurements: 35C-22 1/2-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)

Ranked #77 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Bedrock N Roll

During the half-time appearance of Super Bowl XXXVIII (38) in February 2004, her appropriate breast was "accidentally" apparent back co-performer Justin Timberlake accomplished about and affective a advertisement allotment of her breastplate-like outfit. They accept that they abreast planned the move afterwards rehearsals had ended, but still advance that the acknowledgment was adventitious in that a red bra was to be revealed, not her bald breast.Attended Lanai Road School.

Attended Portola Middle Academy in Tarzana, California. Was teased and addled by kids because of her acclaim on Good Times.

Graduated from Valley Professional School, an academy area best accouchement were entertainers or actors. Class of 1984.

Her appellation "Dunk" was coined to call her athletic body, which her brother Michael claimed remsembled a donkey.

Negotiated a new, $80 actor recording arrangement with Virgin Records in 1996.

She is the alone woman accompanist in the history of Rock & Roll to account 5 aback to aback #1 flat albums on the Billboard Album's chart. "Control", "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation", "Janet", "The Velvet Rope" and "All For You" all accomplished #1, calm affairs added than 60 actor copies worldwide. Her albums "Design of A Decade" and "Damita Jo" both accomplished top 3.

Has 4 dogs: Riley (a Rottweiler); Dylan (a Boxer); Madison (a miniature Schnauzer) and Pockets (an Australian shepherd-cross).

Favorite singers: Ella Fitzgerald and Marvin Gaye

Won 9 Billboard Awards in 1990 for Rhythm Nation 1814.

Vocal range: 2nd soprano, her top agenda is an "e"

Her aboriginal self-titled anthology ailing at #63 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums and awash a black 250,000 copies.

Her green anthology "Dream Street" accomplished #147 on Billboard and awash alone 200,000 copies.

Her third anthology "Control" advertise over 10 actor common and produced bristles top 5 hits including Nasty, Let's Wait Awhile, and the #1 Aback I Think Of You.

Rhythm Nation 1814 absorb four weeks actuality #1 on both Pop and R&B archive in the USA. It awash addition 10 actor common and the singles were alike added successful. The anthology spawned seven top 5 hits including 4 #1s.

The anthology "Janet" produced six top 10 hits and awash over 15 actor copies.

Eloped with accompanist James DeBarge, in 1984 and lived in the Jackson's Encino agronomical for several months afore she had the alliance annulled.

Is the #2 best acknowledged artisan on the Billboard Dance/Club Play Chart, abaft alone Madonna.

Her aboriginal adventures was appear in 1977 as a collective adventures about her and brother Randy Jackson.

Daughter of Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson

Became the aboriginal artisan to account a #1 hit accompanying on the Billboard Hot 100 and Mainstream Rock singles blueprint with "Black Cat" in 1990.

Brother Michael Jackson claims in his "Home Movies" documentary in 2003 that Janet emulated his choreography from his "Captain EO" abbreviate cine into her "Rhythm Nation" music video which she choreographed with Anthony Thomas four years later.

Has homes in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta (with admirer Jermaine Dupri).

Holds the almanac for best weeks spent at #1 on the R&B blueprint for her 1994 single, "Any Time, Any Place."

Has consistently capital and still wants to go aback academy to abstraction law.

The Rhythm Nation apple bout was the best acknowledged admission bout from any artist

Used to demand to be a jockey aback she was a little adolescent but has been afraid to ride horses aback Christopher Reeve's accident.

The blur blow "Again" was originally declared to accept Janet cutting her PJ's aback she was sitting abreast her bed because that's what she was cutting aback she was autograph the song for Poetic Justice (1993).

Named #37 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the Apple 2005" appropriate supplement. (2005)

Is mentioned in Eminem's song "Ass like that"

In Japan, she appeared in a television bartering for Pepsi-Cola with Ricky Martin in 1999. She additionally appeared in addition Japanese TV ad aback in 1990 for Japan Airlines.

She had endorsements with PepsiCo, American Airlines and Revlon.

Growing up afore actuality a singer, Janet has consistently capital to assignment at a McDonald's Drive-Thru window.

Ranked #10 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.

Rejected a role in The Matrix (1999) to go on a concert tour.

She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Acclaim for Recording at 1500 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.

The Jacksons were awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Acclaim for Recording at 1500 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.

Younger sister of Michael Jackson.


Personal Quotes
You don't accept to authority assimilate the affliction to authority assimilate the memory

We all accept the charge to feel special

In complete darkness, it is abandoned ability and acumen that separates us

[recalling the day her ancestor told her to stop calling him Dad] I will never balloon that. I was absolutely young, about 6 or 7, and as a kid, that was actual aching to me. I went through a lot, from age 15 to about 19 years. I was actual young. I acclimated to aching so abominably that I'd ask God, "Why, what accept I done to deserve this?"

[on her 1997 recording "The Clover Rope"] We're all apprenticed to premieres or nightclubs and apparent the braiding amid those who can access and those who can't. Well, there's additionally a clover braiding we accept central of us, befitting others from alive our feelings. In this anthology I'm aggravating to betrayal and analyze those feelings. I'm agreeable you central my barrier. During my activity I've been on both abandon of the rope. At times, abnormally during my childhood, I acquainted larboard out and alone. At times I acquainted blurred . . . But no animal heard those animosity expressed. They backward active in the past. But now the accuracy has to appear out, and for me, the accuracy takes the anatomy of a song.

[1993 account in Rolling Stone] It fabricated me so happy. On my song "Whoops Now,' I alike acclimated the lyrics, "I'm out in the sun accepting fun with my friends". There's additionally The Turtles' "Happy Together" and The Association's "Windy" and Simon and Garfunkel's "Feelin' Groovy". Those songs are all adored moments to me. They're about aloof apparent activity good.

I was actual absolute growing up, but there were things that were aggravation me that I never told anybody. I would allocution to our animals at home. We had fawns that Michael [brother Michael Jackson] and I aloft until we weaned them and we'd augment them every morning. And I would allocution to them . . . I acquainted they accepted me. We had four dogs, and I would ascend in the bushes and sit bottomward and allege with them . . . and that's how I dealt with my activity in the very, actual beginning, aback I was a kid.

I was never pushed into the adoration by my mother or anyone else. I fabricated up my own apperception aback I was old enough. I am not a religious person, but I am spiritual. But I don't accept in things like guilt. I accept in a college power. I accept in inspiration.

[on Rene Elizondo] I've been actual advantageous to accept begin addition who has been so abundantly caring . . . I don't anticipate anybody abroad would accept ashore about because I had some absolutely difficult times . . . and I apperceive he apparently would deathwatch up and say, "Okay, who is she today?" I anticipate anyone abroad would accept said, "You apperceive what? I am out of actuality because I cannot booty this". But he was there, appropriate by my ancillary the absolute way.

I set out to please myself, hopefully in the end, the admirers will accept a acceptable timewhat I've created.

If I wasn't singing, I'd apparently be, apparently an accountant.

Dreams can become a absoluteness aback we acquire a eyes that is characterized by the alertness to assignment hard, a admiration for excellence, and a acceptance in our appropriate and our responsiblity to be according associates of society.

[on Jermaine Dupri] You apperceive that it's article altered aback your accomplished ancestors avalanche in adulation with him, aback your brothers and sisters adulation him. And with me accepting eight brothers and sisters, there are some above eyes on him. And they all admire him. So that's absolutely good.

[on bodies accusatory of Jermaine Dupri] Bodies charge to break out of added people's business. Honestly, how can they say what is a acceptable bout for me and what is a acceptable bout for him? They absolutely don't apperceive us. That's for us to decide. They charge to break out of other's people's business and accord with their own issues.

Getting aback to that adolescent and giving the adolescent what the adolescent may accept absent - the advance of a alimentative and accepting love, a adulation that says you are appropriate - is adamantine work. It can be scary, but like the song says, we accept to accord with the accomplished to alive absolutely -and advisedly - in the present.

Life is a journey, and I'm still walking it. And, like everyone, I'm activity to accept some canicule that are bigger than others, some canicule that are tougher than others. But I'm in a abundant happier place, the happiest abode I've anytime been in my life, and that's why it feels so acceptable to me, assuredly actuality able to say I do like who I am.

We are a nation with no geographic boundaries, apprenticed calm through our beliefs, we are like absent individuals administration a accepted vision, blame against a apple rid of blush lines.

To a apple ailing with racism, get able-bodied soon.

We had the affectionate of night were morning comes to soon....we acclimated the ablaze from a ablaze candle beyond the allowance to accomplish the affectionate of caliginosity that abandoned one affair could make....love.

Pain like baptize it dry abroad so adulation appear in after affliction how can adulation anticipate about.I kinda see anybody as competition. I'm a actual aggressive person. But I anticipate that's good. Antagonism is great. And as continued as it's affable and not a awful thing, again I anticipate it's cool.

I additionally accomplished austere rejection. I auditioned for dozens of commercials, for example, but was never chosen. That ability accept devastated added children, but somehow my attitude was 'well if I don't get this one, I'll get the next'. Looking back, I see I had a congenital toughness.

There was additionally loneliness. I had few friends. Assignment captivated me. in some ways, it still does.

I was cloistral by my parents, assignment and school. I absolved out into the apple and saw things I'd abandoned apprehend about. I abstruse the adamantine way. It was scary, but I saw I had two choices - bore or swim. I swam. And apparent I could absolutely accomplish it to the shore, all on my own. Not that I wasn't abashed or didn't acquaintance moments of panic. I did.

Being from a acclaimed ancestors is a blessing. I'm challenged to alive up to the expectations. I'm happy, beholden for what I've affiliated and aflame about what I demand to contribute.

The affliction is necessary. Sometimes affliction is the abecedary we require, a hidden allowance of healing and hope.

After my disillusionment, I acquainted alveolate inside, as admitting addition had biconcave out my soul. It took a while, but abysmal aural I apparent a amount of assurance I never knew existed. That's aback I got austere about myself and my career. I saw what I bare to do, and I did it.

All kids rebel. My way was to dye my beard bisected blush and bisected blue. It was a mess.

Freedom agency choices.

My dad accomplished us that there's no greater ambit than that amid aboriginal and additional place.

Self-expression is my goal, I demand to be absolute with my feelings. Singing and dancing-and all the joy that goes with performing- appear from my heart. If I can't feel it, I won't do it.

A lot of times I acquainted so alone. But I additionally anticipation there has to be added bodies that accept accomplished either what I have, or abutting to it.

Another ancillary to me is this actual animal being. Aback I attending aback on my life, it's consistently been there. It's been there aback I was 10 years old, accepting the acuteness that I had.

I am the babyish in the family, and I consistently will be. I am absolutely actual blessed to accept that position. But I still get teased. I don't apperception that.

I adulation alive with organizations. I adulation giving. I demand to do added of that. You got to accord back. I adulation allowance people, abnormally children.

People do see me as candied and innocent. Not to say that I am not those things. But I accept added abandon to me.

Big sisters and brothers... I am cogent you, it never changes.

I've never been into what am I activity to do next, aggravating to reinvent myself.

I accept a appealing bad temper. But you accept to absolutely advance me to see it. But everybody has their things.

I had a appealing animal acuteness for a kid.


Salary
Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000)
$5,000,000

Where Are They Now
(August 2003) Recording her 8th studio album set to be released in early 2004
(February 2004) Will be releasing her new album "Damita Jo" on March 30th.
(April 2005) Is working on her new album.
(April 2006) Will release her new album tentatively called "20 years Old" in September. The album is a celebration of her Control album released 20 years ago.
(August 2007) Has signed on to Island Records to work on a new album.
(February 2008) Released first album with Island Records; Discipline


Click the link to see your favorite celebrity image collection.

No comments

Follow Me